An Account Manager is a professional business development and customer service manager who creates and manages relationships with specific clients by working closely with them to understand their business and needs and create strategies to fulfill their objectives. They play an integral role in executing strategies to assure the success of each account while presenting opportunities to grow them. This position is responsible for driving and maintaining revenue goals set forth by the leadership team. The Account Manager’s purpose is to help drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales, launching and supporting long term initiatives with large scale, sustainable returns, and forging strong, ongoing relationships with clients. This will involve building new verticals, sourcing relationships with new partners and expanding agency capabilities. At the front of the company, the Account Manager is a team member to count on to understand our vision at a high level and determine the most effective means of bringing that to reality with the rest of the team. Account Managers work closely with the Project Managers and the Creative Team to deliver client projects/campaigns on time and in adherence to the budget. The goal of an Account Manager is to grow the business with consistent lead generation and sales initiatives, while growing and retaining their client portfolios.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Source prospects for potential new partners and identify systems for efficient lead generation.
- Identify and be present for high potential networking events, represent the company with potential new partners and collaborators.
- Be the front-end contact for prospects, develop and build key relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Maintain a CRM system and keep consistent communication with prospects and new clients.
- Consult with the Creative Team to create sales pitch decks, both to show general capabilities and for new client proposals + RFP’s.
- Lead the creation of proposals/quotes, present to clients and effectively negotiate extended or increased contracts while tracking your metrics.
- Ensure that the Accounting Department has all necessary documentation needed for onboarding and billing new clients and projects.
- Provide team lead with forecasting, CRM updates and sales funnel to ensure growth goals are met.
- Lead a portfolio of accounts and manage client relationships.
- Understand your client’s business and objectives; input strategically to develop creative briefs while ensuring the creative team has clear direction.
- Organize and explain client feedback to the internal team.
- Be a client advocate - giving the final approval through a client lens prior to presenting externally.
- Present creative work to clients with thoughtfulness and confidence.
- Act as a liaison between the internal team and clients.
- Partner with the project manager on managing timelines and deliverables.
- Write creative briefs and assure that the internal team has clear direction.
- Schedule internal, external meetings (both in-person and virtual).
- Keep up on trends that might affect your client.
- Accountable for budgets and expenses; reporting regularly to clients, explaining costs and negotiating new terms, if necessary.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator.
- Possesses previous marketing experience.
- Thrives in a creative space.
- Has a "can-do" attitude.
- Adapts quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption.
- Understands priorities and are timely with follow up; with flexibility outside of "regular" business hours.
- Knowledge of Mac computer software.